10/3/17 Email:
Ya'at'teh' Everyone,
So this week was pretty fantastic! Unfortunately I did not get any pictures though, so my apologies. But anyway first off last P-Day we went to Gallup but the gym at the Stake Center was closed so we couldn't play basketball so we went to some softball/football/soccer fields for our activities. Well Elder Hardman and I played catch for about 45 minutes, and MAN THAT FELT GOOD!! I was so happy after that. We also were pitching the blitz ball to each other, and I hit this bomb off of him that would have been like a 200-foot home run if it had stayed fair, and if we were using a real baseball. With a real bat that thing probably would've went upwards of 450+ feet. Then we played rugby and football.
The work here is going pretty well, we are scheduled to have a baptism this weekend so that will be good for this ward. Things have been progressing very well.
Another thing that was amazing about this week was that we had General Conference. I loved all the talks and it is hard for me to pick which was my favorite, so that will have to wait till I decide. But during the Priesthood session, I was freaking out cuz of the father-son choir from Cache County. I saw Robert and Leonard Teeters (who I home taught before coming out), Nathan Nielsen, and his dad, a couple of my seminary teachers, Brother Anderson and Brother Dennison, I swear I saw my dentist Dr. Butler, and I saw Tom Galloway, and a couple other people from my stake back home. I also saw Addy's dad and brother! It was pretty crazy, since my companion and I were the only ones watching it at the church I would like shout out their names, and how I knew them. It was crazy, although I am a bit disappointed in the Representation of the Takis Clan, or the lack thereof. My little brother Ptobias is always talking about how he has a better singing voice than Justin Beiber, and he still hasn't proven it to me. So I am disappointed.
Other than that it has been stormy all week, tons of rain, lightning, thunder, wind, and hail. It is getting cold. The power has been going in and out through the week. It actually went out while we watched General Conference, so we missed like 5 minutes of a talk, I can't remember which one it was but that was lame.
Anyway Love you all,
Elder Takis
No comments:
Post a Comment